Sunday, February 16, 2014

Christmas




Christmas was a little different this year because we spent it with just the three of us but honestly it was one of the best Christmas's that we have ever had. For Christmas Eve we had our friends Sean and Collete over for dinner. It was so fun to have them over! Their boys, especially Ryler, were so excited for Santa to come that night. Tess really just wanted to eat her presents and didn't care about anything else haha. Christmas morning was so fun because we got to do whatever we wanted. After we opened up our gifts Cory made breakfast while Tessa and I played with her new bike she got.
We flew out to Utah on the 27th to spend time with my family and for Josh's wedding. He and maddie we married in the bountiful temple on New Year's Eve. The day was so fun and we were so happy that we were able to be there to share thier special day with them. We spent the rest of the time down in Richfield with my family. Since our family wasn't able to be together for Christmas we decided to celebrate while we were out there. My dad dressed up in his Santa suit and brought the kids some candy. Tessa hated every second that she had to sit on his lap but at least we got a picture :) We also celebrated Tessa's birthday while we were there. It's still hard for my to believe that my baby is almost one!! Im so glad that we got to spend time with both of our families and that I got to see some of my high school friends. Brittany, who was my best friend in high school, dad passed away a couple of weeks before I went out there. I was so sad that I wasn't able to be there for his funeral but I'm glad I got to see the family while I was home. Growing up we lived around the block from each other, Britt and I played ball from the time we were little all the way up to high school together, and I saw him countless times at the hospital. Kendal was such an amazing guy who was loved by so many people. I'm grateful that I was able to know Kendal as well as I did. It always makes me wonder what is so important on the other side that someone has to be taken from their family so young? I'm very thankful we have the gospel in out lives so that one day we will all be able to be renited with our loved ones. 

Xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment